We'e excited to announce that SPAR Council has been awarded a grant to hire an AmeriCorps member. Click here for the full job description and contact information to apply.Read more
The City of Jacksonville and the Jacksonville's Sheriffs Office have teamed up to address blight in the urban core neighborhoods of Jacksonville, including the greater Springfield area. JSO's Bight Abatement Team (BAT) is now coordinating with COJ's CARE system to remedy blight issues and conditions, giving residents of the urban core faster response times to reported problems.
For those not familiar, the CARE system is the City's program to eliminate blight. The CARE system can be accessed via online, telephone (904.630.CITY) or email. It can also be accessed via smart phone app, as well.
So what kind of things can be reported as blight?Read more
The revised plans for the Springfield Lofts project by GNP Development at 1341 Pearl Street.
Amended items include:
1. Modified the primary alley widths that will be used for circulation to 18 feet wide, per discussion with COJ Planning Department.
2. Enlarged the backing up space on the east side of the property to 24 feet as requested.
3. Removed carriage house units, and applied density to building F.
4. Increased overall parking to 86 spaces, approximately. Some may need to be removed during engineering. Kept original text that states 1 space per unit required.
5. Bike parking is labeled east of building D, and referenced that parking will be met in PUD text.
Details below...Read more
SPAR Receives Community Foundation Grant to Support Revitalization of Springfield’s Commercial Corridors
SPAR Council was recently awarded a grant from the Art Ventures Fund of the Community Foundation for Northeast Florida to provide membership in the National Main Street Center and allow SPAR Executive Director Christina Parrish to attend the National Main Street Conference held last month in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.Read more
Please be advised that due to maintenance issues, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is closing the Main Street culvert/bridge at Hogan Creek until further notice (on Main Street, between State Street and Phelps Street). As Main Street is a state roar, FDOT will be taking the lead on communicating this closing to the media and public moving forward.