SAVE THE DATE for the 9th Annual Jacksonville PorchFest on Saturday, November 5, 2022!
Presented by Springfield Preservation and Revitalization Council, Jacksonville PorchFest is a free music festival held on the welcoming front porches of Historic Springfield. Throughout the afternoon, dozens of bands perform on historic front porches throughout Jacksonville's oldest neighborhood and thousands of attendees fill up the streets. Food trucks are plentiful and a variety of craft beer and wine is available for purchase.
Jacksonville PorchFest, having been in production since 2013, has become a model for similar events throughout Northeast and Central Florida and Southern Georgia. Proceeds of Jacksonville PorchFest support arts related activities in Jacksonville’s urban core and has funded public art projects including:
- the "Welcome to Springfield" mural at First and Main Streets
- the first private donation to the City of Jacksonville's Art in Public Places Collection, the sculpture "Giraffe," installed in Klutho Park to commemorate the original site of the Jacksonville Zoo
- "Giraffe" became part of Sculpture Walk Springfield, a collection of ten sculptures that were installed along the Hogans Creek Greenway Trail, in Klutho Park from late 2017 until mid-2020
- the Sesquicentennial Mosaic designed by RouxArt, a public art collaborative based in Springfield
- "Klutho Corners," a mural trio by David Nackashi, installed in Klutho Park and Springfield Dog Park
Jacksonville PorchFest is funded in whole or part from the City of Jacksonville, the Cultural Council of Jacksonville, Local Initiative Support Corp. (LISC), and the Department of State, the Division of Cultural Affairs, the Florida Council or Art and Culture with the State of Florida.