SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2023
FREE MUSIC FESTIVAL ON THE FRONT PORCHES OF HISTORIC SPRINGFIELD
Presented by Springfield Preservation and Revitalization Council, Jacksonville PorchFest is a free, family-friendly music festival held on the welcoming front porches of Historic Springfield. Throughout the afternoon, dozens of bands perform on historic front porches throughout Jacksonville's oldest neighborhood and thousands of attendees fill up the streets. PorchFest features food trucks, beer and wine, and an arts vendor market where local artists, artisans, and makers sell their work.
Proceeds from Jacksonville PorchFest support arts related activities in Jacksonville’s urban core and has funded public art projects including:
- the "Welcome to Springfield" mural at First and Main Streets
- the first private donation to the City of Jacksonville's Art in Public Places Collection, the sculpture "Giraffe," installed in Klutho Park to commemorate the original site of the Jacksonville Zoo
- "Giraffe" became part of Sculpture Walk Springfield, a collection of ten sculptures that were installed along the Hogans Creek Greenway Trail, in Klutho Park from late 2017 until mid-2020
- the Sesquicentennial Mosaic designed by RouxArt, a public art collaborative based in Springfield
- "Klutho Corners," a mural trio by David Nackashi, installed in Klutho Park and Springfield Dog Park
- Historic Springfield Crosswalks in partnership with COJ Public Works and David Nackashi, installed at the interesections of 3rd & Hubbard Streets, 7th & Hubbard Streets, 3rd & Market Streets, and 9th & Pearl Streets
- the Springfield Dog Park Mosaic designed by RouxArt
Jacksonville PorchFest is funded in whole or part by the City of Jacksonville, the Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Jacksonville, and the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture. PorchFest After Dark is supported by the PNC Foundation.