We're looking individuals passionate about improving and preserving the Springfield Historic District, and who would like to serve the community by offering their time or talent.
SPAR Council is now accepting applications to serve on the Board of Directors. This is a leadership position within the community, and your time and resources will be valued. Contact us if you are interested in serving on the Board and we'll send you more information. All inquiries due by September 15th. Per our organization's by-laws, new Board member applicants will be voted on by SPAR membership at the Fall community meeting.
Or, perhaps you would be more interested participating in a SPAR Committee. There are opportunities to serve on Committees related to finance, membership, special events, fund development, communications, public safety and other functions within the organization and community. If you're interested, let us know and we'll send you more information. Committee members can be considered year-round.
We'e excited to announce that SPAR Council has been awarded a grant to hire an AmeriCorps member. Click here for the full job description and contact information to apply.Read more
The revised plans for the Springfield Lofts project by GNP Development at 1341 Pearl Street.
Amended items include:
1. Modified the primary alley widths that will be used for circulation to 18 feet wide, per discussion with COJ Planning Department.
2. Enlarged the backing up space on the east side of the property to 24 feet as requested.
3. Removed carriage house units, and applied density to building F.
4. Increased overall parking to 86 spaces, approximately. Some may need to be removed during engineering. Kept original text that states 1 space per unit required.
5. Bike parking is labeled east of building D, and referenced that parking will be met in PUD text.
Details below...Read more
SPAR Receives Community Foundation Grant to Support Revitalization of Springfield’s Commercial Corridors
SPAR Council was recently awarded a grant from the Art Ventures Fund of the Community Foundation for Northeast Florida to provide membership in the National Main Street Center and allow SPAR Executive Director Christina Parrish to attend the National Main Street Conference held last month in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.Read more
Please be advised that due to maintenance issues, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is closing the Main Street culvert/bridge at Hogan Creek until further notice (on Main Street, between State Street and Phelps Street). As Main Street is a state roar, FDOT will be taking the lead on communicating this closing to the media and public moving forward.