SPAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, February 19, 2018 - 6:00 pm Southern Moss Realty (1501 N. Main Street)
Present: Todd Hollinghead, President, Aaron Glick, Vice President, Jaimee Stewart, Secretary, Noelle Easterling, Michelle Tappouni, Bill Hoff, Ex Officio, Janie Coffey, Soner Acar, Kelly Lezama, Jamie Toraason, Yolanda Copeland, Joey Marchey, Tim Hope
Not Present:Mark Morely, Michael Montoya, Jack Adams, Treasurer
Staff/Resources Present: Kelly Rich, Executive Director, Kevin O' Halloran, Project Coordinator
Guests: Alex Mckeown
CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order by President Todd Hollinghead at 6:04 pm.
JANUARY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Approved by the Board
REVIEW OF JANUARY TREASURER’S REPORT
Review of audit.
COMMENTS FROM GUESTS:
Hyperion is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day event with Crispy’s on Main Street, March 17th.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BOARD FROM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Office Rental Agreement with Terrawise – Recommend staying at $1000/mo - APPROVE
- Soup Project (March 26) – Recommend operating budget for Soup of $300 - APPROVE
- Building Roof Contract – Recommend approval of Stonebridge proposal – ($24,300) – APPROVE
- National Rose Society will be featuring the Springfield rose arbor. MOTION to approve $250 for refurbishing rose arbor. - DENIED
OTHER NEW BUSINESS – First Presbyterian Church applied for zoning for a building on Liberty Street.
Board is in opposition to the zoning as it will not promote economic development in the area.
- ED Final Invoice – MOTION – Pay the final invoice in full with stipulation that Christina will cease and desist using PorchFest accounts, submit access to PorchFest accounts, have no further recourse to the organization, and agree to the contract proposed in the letter. – DENIED
- MOTION – Continue with current offer as the final offer as modified by the attorney. - APPROVED
- Fund Development – in report
- Building -
- Block Captains
- Commercial Corridors/ SAMBA – Aaron Glick will take over as chair. Two façade grants approved (Flour and Fig, Iben Lakay, LLC)
- Communication – in report
- Design Review – review of design of Dollar General, ensure it stays within historic guidelines.
- Home Tour
- PorchFest – budget will presented at next board meeting
- Second Sundays
- Governance - report
- Community Engagement - report
- Org Design
- Urban Core CPAC – Anna Broche was at meeting asking about suggestions for improvement for parks.
- Historic Springfield Holiday Society
ITEMS REFERRED TO COMMITTEES
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REPORT
Sherriff’s watch meeting March 27 – neighborhood bike ride
NEXT SCHEDULED MEETINGS
- Community Meeting 2/22/2018 – Wells Fargo
- Executive Committee March Meeting 3/14/2018
- BOD March Meeting 3/19/2018 – Southern Moss Realty
ADJOURN - Meeting adjourned at 8:52 pm.