The Great Race is coming to the Springfield Historic District! This annual event draws classic automobile lovers from around the country each year, and in 2017 the organizers chose our neighborhood as the starting point. Nice! RSVP for the big event here, and follow the Main Street Cruise, the monthly event that attracted the Great Race, here.
The tentative schedule events at 2023 N. Main Street (near the intersection of 10th & Main):
Music on Friday, June 23rd:
- Fratello - 6pm
- Second Shot -7:30pm
- Big Engine - 9pm
Festivities on Saturday, June 24th:
- At 6:30am Main Street will be closed from 6th Street to 12th Street.
- The classic automobiles will start lining up on Main Street at 8:30 am, starting near 10th & Main.
- Opening ceremonies begin at 9:30am, including law enforcement guard, firemen on bagpipes, and honoring Vietnam Veterans.
- Official race event begins at 10:00am, the first car will be flagged out at 10:30am. It will take about 2 hours for all the cars to take off.
- Motown concert by Mama Blue Mama Blue from 1-3pm, followed by Highway Jones Southern Rock from 3-5pm.
Also, don't forget the special screening of "Cars" outside on the big screen in Henry J Klutho Park (230 W. 3rd Street) on Friday, June 23rd beginning at 9pm. Free, and hosted by SIAA.
2023 Main St
Jacksonville, FL 32206
Google map and directions