SPAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, June 19, 2017
6:00 pm, SPAR OFFICE
Present:Michelle Tappouni, President, Todd Hollinghead, Vice President, Aaron Glick, Secretary, Jack Adams, Treasurer, Yolanda Copeland, Joey Marchy, Jaimee Stewart, Jamie Toraason, Tim Hope, Bill Hoff, Ex Officio
Not Present: Charles Garrison, Adam Valiani
Present: Christina Parrish, Executive Director, Heather Perry, SPAR Administrator, Kevin O’Halloran
CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order by President Michelle Tappouni at 6:05 pm.
PPROVAL OF MAY 2017 BOARD MEETING MINUTES
REVIEW OF MAY TREASURER’S REPORT
COMMENTS FROM GUESTS:
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BOARD FROM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
Recommend Approval of 2017 PorchFest budget as presented by Executive Director. (Finance
Recommend approval to provide up to $5000. in funding for Off-Duty Officer program to be
reimbursed by pending sponsor donation. (Block Captain Committee/Executive Director)
- Recommendation withdrawn
• Recommend approval of Block Captain Committee Charter (Block Captain Committee)
- Email votes recommended and approved by board; None
STRATEGIC PLANNING DISCUSSION
• Mission, Core Values, Themes, Stakeholders
- Preliminary discussion on these subjects held, Board members and staff will send their input regarding these subjects directly to President Tappouni by July 1st, 2017 in order to be considered at the July 15, 2017 Board strategic planning meeting.
COMMITTEE REPORTS (Consent Agenda)
• Administrative: Building, Design Review, Fund Development
- Kimberly Patrie has formally resigned from the Design & Review Committee, Heather Perry has begun working for SPAR on a part-time basis to support administrative duties, online file storage for SPAR being researched by Joey Marchy, individuals who have volunteered to address SPAR building issues are Michelle Tappouni, Aaron Glick, Todd Hollinghead and Tim Hope.
- See report
- See report
- See report
Events: 2017 Tour of Homes Results, PorchFest, Second Sundays
Tour of Homes 2017 cleared $20,000 profit, a good result. Second Sundays continues to be profitable so long as weather is decent, City of Jacksonville Park Depart is very happy with the event. Jacksonville PorchFest budget increased this year due to a grant being awarded, projected website cost may be less than allotted, 30 musical acts on both the East and West side of the neighborhood will perform.
See report, 2017-2018 budget to be presented at next Board meeting, Executive Director will be contacting all Committee chairs to assess if there are budget changes from previous fiscal year.
See report, There will be 5 open seats on the Board of Directors which may be filled at he Annual Community Meeting on 9/21/17, privacy and conflict of interest policies will be presented to the Governance Committee, and likely the full Board, next month for approval.
See report, members are being urged to read the Urban Core Vision Plan, a Sheriffs Watch representative is still being recruited.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS REPORT PARRISH
See report, Councilman Gaffney may attend SPAR community meeting later this week, possible JTA project involving restoring W. 4th Street from Main Street to Pearl Street being examined by Councilman Gaffney, remaining City funds for the Hogans Creek Greenway may be directed into improving the existing pathway rather than expanding it, new funds would be sought for expansion at a later date, JTA Mobility Works meeting on 6/21/17 to discuss next steps on possible infrastructure and traffic improvements.
ITEMS REFERRED TO COMMITTEES
NEXT SCHEDULED MEETINGS
• Quarterly Community Meeting 06/22/2017
• Executive Committee 07/12/2017
• Strategic Planning 07/15/2017
• BOD Meeting 07/17/2017