Participants: Christina Parish, Executive Director, Bill Hoff, President, Michelle Tappouni, Vice President, Aaron Glick, Secretary, Jeff Fountain, JoLee Gardner, Todd Hollinghead, Melanie Messer, Damien Robinson
Guests: Delores Swain, Urban Core CPAC Parks Committee Chair
The meeting was called to order by President Bill Hoff at 6:05pm. He welcomed all members and guests.
- Delores Swain, Urban Core CPAC Parks Committee Chair – Playground in Klutho Park
- Seeking support to establish a new playground in Klutho Park
- Discussion by the Board, review of priorities and recent efforts
- City Parks and Rec removed a playground in Springfield Park/Shell Park and have since not replaced
- Springfield Mommies Group, SPAR, and SAMBA support concentrating resources in providing a cover for the existing playground in Confederate Park.
- SPAR priorities for the parks include 1) a shade structure for Confederate Park, 2) Garbage cans and benches in Klutho Park, and 3) a retooled playground in Shell Park.
- Board to send a letter to the Urban Core CPAC
May 2015 Minutes
Please help fill in important bullet points for this meeting, past notes were misplaced
Summary to be sent out at a later time by Treasurer (attached)
February 2015 meeting – Minutes approved
No quorum for March 2015 meeting
Tour of Homes Recap
30% increase in attendance from last year, great reviews
Todd Hollinghead and Damien Robinson volunteered to help the Operations Committee
Patron’s Party at Candy Apple Cafe downtown planned for evening of November 5th
Day of Event volunteer coordinator needed
July 4th Baseball Game
SPAR already obtained the necessary permits from the City
A Food Truck will be present, electricity available
Game starts at 4pm
Proposed bylaws changes attached, Board to review and defer vote to next meeting
Additional members needed on Governance Committee, can be from the Board or members of SPAR
Board of Directors, recruiting and officer positions – Governance committee will canvas the Board on interest in positions on the Board for the coming year.
Updating by-laws - Updates distributed by Jack Adams. Melanie Messer volunteered to recreate original WORD document of Bylaws.
Effort underway to reinvigorate interest and engagement of the community by SPAR, quadrant by quadrant
Two upcoming wine and cheese events are planned, first is August 6th at JoLee Gardner’s home
Postcards and emails will be sent promoting the event and event series
- 1551 Boulevard roof replacement issue – hearing before the magistrate postponed
- New Terrawise home to be located at 3rd and Walnut Street
- Proposed DEMO of 36 E. 3rd Street withdrawn by the applicant
- The Bridge – proposed new teen program building, HPC date uncertain
- North of the old Pearl building on Main Street – Will Kaiser, modern 2 story office/retail infill development proposed.
SPAR Office Building
Terrawise, David Shacter to occupy downstairs office suite
Southern Site and Underground is growing, may require additional space
Fall season, SPAR to determine cost/benefit analysis of staying in the current office at 1251 North Main
ESC Alarm company - $200 annual cost for all alarm systems
Sign Ordinance Update
Waiting on OGC and Planning Department Review prior to City Council sponsorship
Neighborhood Traffic Study
Waiting to hear back from City Engineer Nelson Caparas
New legislation sponsored by Councilwoman Lori Boyer allows neighborhoods to petition lower speed limits with cost contribution for signage
1138 Walnut Street Duplex property
SPAR has accepted a cash offer from buyer
JEA wells issue
JEA seeking several properties to locate water service well sites, several residential properties in Springfield have been targeted with offers on the land
Sites must be 200ft x 200ft, and located in line with existing underground utilities
Sites would be serviced by boom trucks and required to be landscaped for screening
Security Fund Restart
Swisher has gifted SPAR with 5,000 for use in the “security fund”
SPAR Board voted to actively fund several 3 hour shifts weekly, this frequency is higher than usual and will increase police presence for the duration of the summer months.
Announcement to be released by SPAR President
SPAR and SIAA Board meeting
Potluck dinner scheduled for 6:30 pm on June 29th, open to SPAR and SIAA Board and members
Purpose of the dinner is to better facilitate communication between all neighborhood organizations, define areas of overlap, and determine how we can work better together.
Block Captains Program
Todd Hollinghead and Aaron Glick will look into possible routes to reinvigorating the Springfield Block Captains program and will report back to the Board.
Executive Director’s Report
Report attached for more detailed review.
Meeting adjourned at 7:58 pm.