SPAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, December 18, 2017
6:00 pm Southern Moss Realty (1501 N. Main Street)
Present: Todd Hollinghead, President, Aaron Glick, Vice President, Jaimee Stewart, Secretary, Jack Adams, Treasurer, Joey Marchy, Kelly Lezama, Noelle Easterling, Michelle Tappouni, Bill Hoff, Ex Officio, Mark Morley, Jamie Toraason, Janey Coffey, Tim Hope, Soner Acar
Not Present: Michael Montoya, Yolanda Copeland
Staff/Resources Present: Kevin O’Halloran, Nehemiah Samuels
Guests: Mallik Singareddy
CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order by President Todd Hollinghead at 6:04 pm.
NOVEMBER BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Approved by the Board
REVIEW OF NOVEMBER TREASURER’S REPORT
COMMENTS FROM GUESTS:
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BOARD FROM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
● Executive Director Final Invoice
Motion to amend for $2,426.67 prorated rate up to November 14, 2017, to be paid upon signing of cease and desist letter, acknowledgment of overpayment, return of SPAR property, submission of all receipts, statement that SPAR is sole owner of Jacksonville PorchFest, and statement of nondisclosure. APPROVED
● Motion to pay Debra Heuskin $250 in addition to the $250 in-kind sponsorship for PorchFest photos.
● Motion to oppose removal of tree ordinances. APPROVED
● Motion to designate $10,000 donation from anonymous donor to the Sculpture Walk. APPROVED
● Motion to discuss Bill #2017-805, Bill #2017-806, and Bill #2017-807. Support pending review of on-street parking. APPROVED
● Approval for bonus to Christina Parrish
● Fund Development
o Goal to sustain relationship with donors.
● Administrative: Building, Design Review, Fund Development
o Building Update
Estimate has gone to the adjusdor who wants additional information.
● Block Captains
o $3000 donation from Halloween party for off duty fund
o $5000 anonymous donation
o $781 from the Chili Cook Off to SPAR (not Block Captains)
● Commercial Corridors/SAMBA
o $5000 anonymous donor for facade grant. Applications due January 1.
o Ad in J magazine
o Spring event for commercial realtor and possibly developers to sell Springfield.
o See report
● Design Review Committee
o There are two bills to be watched (2017-483 and 2017-484) regarding the property on Main and
o Window COA with city
o Home Tour - May 19 and 20, 2018
▪ January 3 kickoff meeting
● Finance – no meeting
● Governance - no meeting
● Membership - no meeting
o Kevin is putting together a membership email list
● Org Design
o See report
● Urban Core CPAC
o Anne Broche is speaking to CPAC in January.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
● Audit is happening
● CDBG grant
ITEMS REFERRED TO COMMITTEES
NEXT SCHEDULED MEETINGS
● Executive Committee – 1/10/2018
● December BOD meeting - 1/15/2018 - Southern Moss Realty
ADJOURN - Meeting adjourned at 8:17 pm.