SPAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, October 16, 2017
6:00 pm Ed Ball Building, 5th Floor
Present: Michelle Tappouni, President, Todd Hollinghead, Vice President, Aaron Glick, Secretary, Jack Adams, Treasurer, Yolanda Copeland, Joey Marchy, Jaimee Stewart, Tim Hope, Jamie Toraason, Bill Hoff, Ex Officio, Soner Acar, Noelle Easterling, Janie Coffey, Kelly Lezama, Michael Montoya, Mark Morley
Not Present: None
Present: Christina Parrish Stone, Executive Director, Kevin O’Halloran, Nehemiah Samuels
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME NEW BOARD MEMBERS:
The meeting was called to order by President Michelle Tappouni at 6:09 pm.
BOARD ORIENTATION (James Richardson)
APPROVAL OF SEPTEMBER 2017 BOARD MEETING MINUTES
REVIEW OF OCTOBER TREASURER’S REPORT
DEFER, Report will be available before next meeting
COMMENTS FROM GUESTS:
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BOARD FROM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
No Current Recommendations
- Email votes recommended and approved by board:
- 09/28/2017 – Extend contract to Kevin O’Halloran for administrative support for up to six weeks. (ED).
COMMITTEE UPDATES (Consent Agenda)
- Administrative: Building, Design Review, Fund Development
- Need roof and remediation estimates for insurance claim
- Pre-PorchFest Clean Up to be organized before PorchFest.
- Grant: Façade and Matching Grant Opportunities
- New Banners for Main Street go up next week.
- New Main Street bike racks ordered and will be delivered soon
- Small Business Saturdays Planning Committee
- 3 new members since September meeting
- PorchFest – November 4, 2017.
- 2017-2018 Budget to be presented at November meeting.
- Proposed changes to Article 13 of the Bylaws. MOTION to change Article 13, Code of Conduct as presented in the Report. APPROVED
URBAN CORE CPAC
- District 1 schedule, 1st Monday of each Month, 1st floor Ed Ball Building
EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS REPORT
- Kevin O’Halloran’s low income home improvement project 9/28
- Sculpture Walk Springfield. MOTION to approve a donation of $5,000 to Sculpture Walk Jacksonville, to be paid out of the PorchFest Fund. APPROVED
ED ORG/ TRANSITION COMMITTEE REPORT