SPRINGFIELD PRESERVATION AND REVITALIZATION COUNCIL (SPAR)
Events & Programming Manager
Roles & Responsibilities: The Events and Programming Manager oversees the logistics and promotion of SPAR’s events and programming. This position also supports the marketing on special initiatives and projects, and provides support to sponsors, partners and stakeholders. This position requires strong project management skills from research and planning to execution and measurement. A flexible schedule is necessary to attend the majority of events.
Specific responsibilities of this position are as follows:
1) Lead day-to-day coordination of SPAR’s event and programming logistics:
- Includes workshops, community meetings, and SAMBA
- Recruit and confirm performers, vendors, and volunteers
- Coordinate all details necessary (venue, transportation, supplies, printing)
- Manage sponsor relations
- Manage all event insurance and permits
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and resolve any problems that might occur
- Lead all event promotions, such as website, social media and print materials
- Coordinate with Communications to document / photograph events
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports, including coordinating event surveys
2) Coordinate annual events like Home Tour (May) and Jacksonville PorchFest (November) along with Executive Director and SPAR board.
- Professional and friendly with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to think critically, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet performance deadlines in a sometimes fast-paced environment
- Energetic and creative with a strong team spirit
- Regular, predictive attendance in the office
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, attending & working SPAR events
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive
- Working knowledge in data collection practices and methodologies
- Performance metric development, tracking, and evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing or like field
- This position requires moderate physical demands, including lifting over 10lbs and standing / walking for extended periods during events.
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience in event planning, marketing and communications and/or fundraising; Digital marketing experience (email, social media, etc.)
This position has the potential to offer an hourly amount up to $20/hour, $40,000 annually. Qualified candidates should email a PDF cover letter and resume to [email protected]g. Applications are due by May 4th.
SPAR is an equal opportunity employer.