Springfield Area Merchants and Business Association is very excited to announce the launch of our new Quarterly Mini-Grant program for Springfield businesses!
The Springfield Area Merchants and Business Association (SAMBA) offers $250 programming mini-grants to SAMBA members wishing to put on events or programming that promote the Springfield neighborhood.
The goal of the grant is to encourage events in Historic Springfield to show off the history and culture of our community. It is not intended to be used for fundraisers or political gatherings. Preference will be given to those public events that attract a diverse range of participation and promote development in Historic Springfield.
Past Awardees include The Sweet Spot & Urban Lounge, Simply Ke'say Boutique, Sweet Christi's, and Dare To Hire Different Inc.
The SAMBA grant committee has the right to refuse any applicant if it is deemed the event does not fall under the goals of the Programming Grant.
- Priority will be given to events held within the boundaries of Historic Springfield.
- Events can be ticketed or open to the public, but must not be restricted to private or exclusive participation.
- First-time events OR existing events adding enhancements can qualify.
- Events must be finalized with exact date and location, include a link to the Facebook event or attach a promotional poster image to corroborate.
- If holding the event off-site of your business/property, include contract agreement with the chosen venue.
- All necessary insurance and security must be provided with application.
- Event Organizer must complete a Grant Application and provide contact information.
- Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis, which makes the deadline for application submission within 30-60 days prior to the event.
- Grant applications will be judged on a number of criteria to include the creativity of the event, potential impact of the event, marketing of the event, and how well the event meshes with the mission of SPAR and SAMBA within Historic Springfield.
- In the case of cancellation or postponement for more than 30 days, business will reimburse grant payment to SAMBA.
- Organizer is limited to one SAMBA mini-grant every 12 months.
- Organizer must turn in any feedback/survey documentation that they are asked to complete.
SAMBA requires that our organization is mentioned and advertised as a sponsor of the event on social media, and that the SAMBA logo is placed on any printed promotional materials.
DOWNLOAD THE GRANT APPLICATION: HERE
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with