The Springfield Preservation and Revitalization (SPAR) Council’s mission is to ensure Historic Springfield is a preferred place to live and do business by leading programs that drive the preservation, revitalization, and balanced growth of our community. SPAR’s office building at 1321 North Main Street was severely damaged during Hurricane Irma. To fulfill our mission, we need to rebuild, better and stronger, and anticipate the evolving needs of our diverse community. In response, SPAR has launched, Building for the Future, a $500,000 capital fundraising campaign to raise funds for building renovations and improvements set to begin in late 2020.
SPAR is proud to announce that Delores Barr Weaver has issued a matching challenge for the SPAR Building restoration through the Delores Barr Weaver Legacy Fund at The Community Foundation for Northeast Florida. Details about her matching challenge are available here. Mrs. Weaver, a long-time supporter of many charitable causes in Jacksonville, has pledged to contribute $50,000 through a 1:1 match, challenging the Northeast Florida community to step forward with $50,000 to unlock her gift. This gift will be made through the Delores Barr Weaver Legacy Fund at The Community Foundation of Northeast Florida. Donate now to help us unlock Mrs. Weaver's pledge.
- Community Leader - $10,000 and above
- Neighborhood Advocate - $5,000
- Block Captain - $2,500
- Renovator - $1,000
- Supporter - $500
- Legacy SPAR member (Neighborhood Advocate level and above)
- Higher Level Sponsor Naming Rights for Interior Spaces are available (email [email protected] for more info)
- Name/Logo integrated into permanent art piece (featured above) to be placed in lobby space of the SPAR building
- Recognition in SPAR press releases and email newsletter
- Recognition on SPAR website and social media