SPAR and SAMBA (Springfield Area Merchants and Business Association) are very excited to announce the launch of our new Facade Matching Grant program for Springfield businesses!
SPRINGFIELD AREA MERCHANTS AND BUSINESS ASSOCIATION COMMERCIAL CORRIDOR GRANT PROGRAM
The Springfield Area Merchants and Business Association (“SAMBA”) and Springfield Preservation and Revitalization Council, Inc. (“SPAR”), have established a Commercial Corridors Grant Program which is funded by SPAR. Matching Grants are available to members of SAMBA for projects improving the appearance of commercial property located within the Springfield Historic District.
The Grant Program will be administered by the Commercial Corridors Committee (“CCC”) of SPAR.
The Grant Program is intended to cover improvements such as painting, awnings, signage, window and/or door replacement, lighting, landscaping, planters, street furniture, bicycle racks, and restoration of historic features (including removal of inappropriately applied facades).
- The property must be located in the Springfield Historic District.
- Applicant must be a member of SAMBA
- Applicant must submit its grant application prior to the commencement of the proposed work.
- Proposed changes will assist in creating a unified and attractive appearance for Springfield’s commercial corridors.
- All improvements must meet any applicable ordinances of the City of Jacksonville.
- The money is in the form of a grant, not a loan, and is available as follows:
- The grant will require a 50% match: the applicant will pay one half the cost of the project, and the grant will fund the remainder
- The minimum grant request is $250 and the maximum request is $2,500
- Grant funds will only be disbursed after the project has been completed
- Work on the project must begin within sixty (60) days after approval by the CCC and must becompleted within one hundred twenty (120) days after approval.
Applications will be reviewed by the CCC to assure that the project plans are consistent with the intent of the Grant Program. Following the review of the application, the CCC will make one of thefollowing recommendations: 1. Approved; 2. Approved with Changes; 3. Approved with PartialFunding; 4. Denied
Download the grant application here.
For more information on the SAMBA Commercial Corridor Grant Program and to submit your grant application package, please email SAMBA at email@example.com or drop off paper copies at the SPAR Office.